Friday, December 4, 2009

Tree Farm Field Trip

I went with Brett's school this morning on their tree farm field trip. A tree farm (D&G) in Louisburg donates a tree to each classroom (very nice of them!). It was a lot of fun but pretty chilly.

I was responsible for Brett and these two cute girls - Alexia and Sophia.






















































After riding in a trailer out to all of the trees, it didn't take long for the kids to find the "perfect" one (thank goodness!) They all liked the ones that were their size (height) and they were all "perfect." Brett's teacher, Ms. Deja, is in the purple mauve coat.





















Timber!























And it was small enough for the kids to carry to the trailer - they loved it!






The kids really liked watching them "shake" the trees out when we got them back to the barn.















And then we had hot chocolate and cookies. The kids started doing "cheers!"- it was so cute. The boy in the orange coat (Matthew) has gone to school with both boys and will be moving to California in January. We will miss seeing him!















1 comment:

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Hi Sharla,
Your kids are so cute! You stopped by my blog a while ago and asked me how I made the red version of the "Keep Calm" motto from "The Graphics Fairy". I edited it using Illustrator. I can email you the .jpeg if you want. I just need your email address.

Have a Merry Christmas!