Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Dream Come True

Okay, my title might be a little dramatic :), but Brett and I have watched the new Dunkin Doughnuts be built on Metcalf every morning on the way to his school for the last 2 months. Sometimes he starts talking about it from the time we drop Brady off - wondering what they are going to be doing that day. Well, it officially opened on Monday I believe. And it's been crazy BUSY.

Last night Ed brought up taking Brett this morning on the way to school to make his birthday morning special - a great idea! As soon as we passed Ed's office, he started talking about the doughnut shop (we never told him about going) and when I said we were going to go, he got silent. When I pulled into the parking lot, he asked what we were doing. He couldn't believe we were going to go in! Aw, it's the little things - such a cool part about being a mom (parent :). The lady that served us said it was her birthday too and gave him a free doughnut. What are the chances?!






1 comment:

Mrs. Rowley said...

Happy Birthday Brett-ster! We mailed your present today...I KNOW we are a little late! Sorry for that. Hope you enjoy. Can't wait to see you all SOON!