Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Taste Tested

These might be the best pancakes I've ever had. Note: I'm not a big fan of syrup - I didn't make the special syrup in this recipe - and these are great by themselves if you love cinnamon.
The boys loved them too!

(Took this picture so I can include it in their "recipe books")


Cinnamon Bun Pancakes - found at How Does She
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3 T. white sugar
1/2 t. salt
4 t. baking powder
1 T. Cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1 C. of milk
2 T. corn syrup
1/4 C. butter, melted
1 T. vanilla
Maple Icing Syrup
1 C. powdered sugar
1/4 C. butter, melted
2 t. Maple flavoring
1/4 C. milk

1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in medium bowl. In another medium bowl beat together eggs, milk,corn syrup, butter, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.

2. Drop the batter by about 1/3 cup fulls onto the pre-heated/greased griddle and cook until the tiny bubbles start appearing on top, flip over. These only take a couple of minutes to cook on each side. Keep cooked ones on a oven safe plate in the oven at 250 degrees to keep warm.

3. In a small saucepan on the stove, over medium heat, combine all the syrup ingredients. Whisk until completely combined. When heated through, serve with your yummy pancakes!

No comments: