Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mom, look at me!

I was tempted to title this post something like "unimportant or meaningless things learned this summer" but I couldn't do it, because to the boys these were VERY important things they learned to do this summer. And it's been really fun for us to watch.

Brett figured out to blow bubbles at one of Brady's 8 am baseball games this summer. He was SO excited that he was screaming with delight and I had to say, "You know what he just learned to do, right?" to the other parents so they would understand. It was so fun to see him excited and I knew it was especially exciting for him because his brother hasn't accomplished it yet.





And just this weekend, Brett started asking me to "push him down" so he could reach the bottom of the pool and do a headstand. After completing his headstand, he started naturally flipping over. And then, out of nowhere, he went against the pool side and started doing back flips by himself. I'm still scratching my head on this one, because I haven't seen another kid doing this at the pool this summer (that they would have watched) and we hadn't shown him.

Anyway, when he showed Brady that he could this, Brady decided he could do this without the side of the pool and then they both started doing them. They were so proud.

1 comment:

Braxmeyers said...

Miles (and Owen) will be jealous about the bubble blowing!