Brady and Brett's basketball games started last weekend. They play in the GABL league. Brady continues to play on the same team and has been practicing for several weeks (5 on 5, four 6 minute quarters) - this is Brett's first year to play and the K league plays 3 on 3 with 30 minutes of practice and then 30 minutes of game.
Fortunately Brady's team has stuck together since they started in kindergarten - they have a great head coach and this is Ed's 2nd year as assistant coach, which I think he really enjoys. It has been really fun to watch them practice and play - they have grown up so much. They won their first game!

Brady's on the end sporting #13 this year.

I think the kindergarten league is set up really well - I love that practices and games take place on the same day, right after each other. Brett had a moment when they were warming up before practice where I think he got nervous and thought he would run over and say he was hurt (his finger :), but he got over it quickly and I was so proud to see him play aggressively in the game and even tell the coach that he wanted to stay in (they had 5 players, so one player always stayed in when they switched in and out). He did great and had lots of fun!


There's my lefty - the boy guarding Brett in this pic is actually his teammate (Brady's basketball's coach's youngest son, Keaton) - they practice together during Brady's (and Landon's -Keaton's older brother) - practice so that is nice!

Should be a fun season!



1 comment:
Have you told them how good we were at basketball? :)
Post a Comment