Friday, September 14, 2012

A Little "Before and after"

As we (slowly) settle into our new house and get "our stuff" arranged, it starts to feel more like home.  For 10 years though, this was our home (before and after) and we really loved living there (except for a few major things - like our small backyard and some neighbors :).

Here is the "before" - this is what it looked like when we bought the house. Amazingly enough we saw through the navy exterior trim and teal walls with wallpaper borders! Ed started painting the navy trim white immediately and our neighbors stopped by to thank us.













Mauve carpet and teal paint (with red brick) - enough said

























Ed extended the flower beds and improved the looks a ton shortly after we moved in, which I quickly filled up. This must have been the first spring - bare beds, but lots of tulips :)













And here's a couple pics of the "after" - we changed our carpet to neutral right before we moved out, which I totally understood, but it didn't quite feel like "our" house after that which I think made it a little easier to leave.




































Too bad I can't find the "before" shot of the kitchen - Ed put in a new floor, we tore down the "half" wall between the kitchen and dining room and put in new appliances (except for fridge). This was Brady sorting out his cards as my mom and I were cleaning the morning we left. The comment I hear most from Brady is he misses our kitchen - strange, but true.

No comments: