Thursday, June 25, 2009

First of the Season

Brady doesn't like tomatoes, but he seems to get just as excited as me about the garden. This morning we checked and found our first red tomato of the season!

Brady immediately asked, "What kind is it? I know it's not Big Mama." And I had to laugh, because I never remember the big type we got (we have 3 kinds), but he has it engrained in his head. Does he look at me and think, "oh yeah, it's big mama" ;)



See those purple coneflowers behind him? Yes, they are tall as he is and they have OVERTAKEN my garden this year. I planted one plant when we moved in (what, 7 years ago) and they've been fine UNTIL this year. I will be figuring out which stay and which get tossed this fall!

2 comments:

Mrs. Rowley said...

I will take some of the coneflowers! I love those things and do not have any in my flower-mess AKA flowerbed!

Sharla said...

I would be MORE than happy to share!