Friday, June 11, 2010

Soaked

We had a great time in Branson over Memorial Weekend. Before Ed and I headed back to KC, we spent the day at Silver Dollar City with my mom and the kids. To say the least, it was a whole new experience this year . . . . . . our kids were ready to ride the "real" rides!

The American Plunge log ride is one of the first rides you see when you walk in and when Brett said he wanted to do it, I kind of laughed thinking he had no idea what he was saying, and even if he really did want to, he wouldn't be big enough. Yeah, that was before I saw that little britches WAS tall enough and he really DID want to. Brady wasn't up for it, so Brett, Ed and I got into line. Brett was loving it, but I just knew the minute we started creeping up the backside of the slide, he would start getting worried and we would both be freaking out. Um no, it was really just me freaking out.

They take a picture as you are going down the slide and Brett is smiling while Ed and I are bracing ourselves and trying to look normal. Seriously funny! Later on in the day, Brady decided he was up for it too and they both loved it. We got a family picture of us going down and it cracks me up.

One of the highlights of the day (at least for Brady) was the new Riverblast ride - Grandma even did it! We got SOAKED, but it was really fun.

Brady caught on first and started shooting people on the ride with water as they passed by before we got in line.


Here's a couple looks at the boat you ride in - each seat has a water gun and you can shoot targets (and people!!) as you go down the river.





This is Ed hiding right after we got off the ride. The boat behind us is pulling in to dock and they spotted him :)



It was hot and the water felt great. The boys spent a lot of time shooting water at these targets too. Fun times!


No comments: