Monday, June 21, 2010

Taste Tested

We had family over Saturday and Sunday so I busted out a couple new recipes and thought I'd share.



I'd never made REAL lemonade before, but it was really good (not too sweet or sour like most of the fake kinds). I don't know where this recipe came from, but from the looks of the torn out magazine page - probably Martha.

Lemonade - Makes 3 quarts

2 1/2 c. sugar
6 1/2 c. water
3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (15-20 lemons)
4 c. ice

In small saucepan, combine sugar and 2 1/2. c water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, let cool.
In punch bowl/lg. container, combine lemon juice, sugar syrup, remaining 4 c. water and ice. Stir well and serve.



My coworker brought this to a picnic and I had to have the recipe.

Texas Caviar

1 can shoepeg corn ( drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 chopped green pepper
2 chopped tomatoes
2 chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 can chopped green chilies drained or
1 chopped jalapeno
4 T chopped cilantro
1/2 c. Wishbone Zesty Italian Dressing
1/2 c. Wishbone Sweet and Spicy French Dressing
Mix and marinate overnite.
(If you double it, you don't need to double the dressing)



And these were pretty good too. My mom said she would have added garlic powder, and I agree.
Oven-fried Ranch Drumsticks

No comments: