Bacon Cheeseburger pie - it was good and easy and made itself a permanent place in my recipe box. I will definitely add some things to it next time though - cut up dill pickles, maybe more ketchup. You could also do a pizza version and add pepperoni/green peppper and use pizza sauce instead of ketchup. Yum!
We went to the farmer's market Saturday morning and got some peaches to make Peach ice cream. They were Georgia peaches - I didn't know what I was buying until I got home and cut up the extra peaches to make fruit salad. HEAVEN. Seriously, I was trying to divide them up equally for everyone. On the way home from church Sunday Brady asked when we were going to the farmer's market again to get peaches and decided he should confess that after dinner Saturday he went into the kitchen and ate the rest of the cut up peaches. Too funny. Making the ice cream mix was kind of funny too because the boys were napping so I went outside to use the food chopper and mixer and it started pouring on me, but we got it done! Brett was pretty proud that we made homemade ice cream.
And we made some of these to go along with it - it was obviously not a healthy eating day. :) These were not as good as my favorite chocolate chip cookies - and we definitely didn't need a pan of brownies, along with the cookies! - but they were still pretty tasty.





No comments:
Post a Comment