Saturday, August 21, 2010

End of the Roadtrip

We peeled out of the campsite and left the bees in the dust :) and headed for St. Louis.

We arrived too early to check into our hotel, so we parked at the hotel and walked a couple (very hot) blocks to some fountains that we had passed that kids were playing in. When we were there, I mentioned pulling out the camera to take a picture and Ed said "I gave it to you." Uh, what?! I didn't realize he had given it to me/laid it beside me at the hotel. So I took off and ran the couple (HOT) blocks back to the hotel and luckily some teenage boys (who were still there) had turned it into the front desk. Bless those teenage boys!!


And then (for a reason Ed and I seriously can't remember - probably splashing) the fountain police asked Brady to take a 5-minute timeout so we decided to head back to the hotel. The wait was worth it, because we got a great hotel room that looked straight out to the arch. Very cool!
After getting cleaned up, we headed to the arch. We watched the "making of the arch" video (amazing) and went to the top.




When leaving, we took pictures with the timer. The first one cracks me up, but I love the second one.


The next day we walked to the City Museum - a very cool place.






We finished our trip by going to the zoo and the Magic House the last 2 days. We were sad our trip was over, but knew we needed to get back to Tanner & Trevor and get ready for school.

No comments: