It was Fort Riley Day -
Shortly after the game started, the craziest clouds I've seen appeared with lightning -
As luck would have it, Ed took the boys to the restroom right before they delayed the game . . . and my cell phone was dead. After time had passed and I realized they weren't coming back to the seats, I headed to the restroom and searched for a phone to use. By this time it was raining, but I found a nice guy in an entrance (phones weren't working within the restrooms) and I called Ed.
They were in Bramlage (along with Frank Martin and everyone else :) After about an hour hanging out there, everyone headed back to the football game and the sun came out.
After the game, we ate dinner with the Braxmeyers and Dedra, Owen & Miles met us at the KSU volleyball game. (Dedra, Brett asked me this morning when we were going back to play football with Owen & Miles. I told him we'd have to meet up SOON!)
On another note, what is up with Brady's closed mouth smile? He smiled like this in his class pictures and I couldn't believe it. I was so looking forward to that toothless smile -but now that he's a jack-o-lantern (he has lost 2 more teeth since this picture was taken last weekend!), I guess we're getting this. Unfortunate :)
Volleyball games are always a good chance to see Willie

After the game, we headed to the Union for drinks and to check out the bowling alley. Brett thought we ought to play a round. I think we're just going to have to head back another day!









No comments:
Post a Comment