Friday, August 12, 2011

Meet the Teachers

Last Thursday evening was BJF's back to school ice-cream social and "sneak peek" for classrooms. (They posted class lists at 4 pm)

We knew we'd be happy with either of the all-day kindergarten teachers because Brady had Mrs. Nelson, who is fabulous, and you can't help but like Mrs. Knight because she always has a smile on her face and has purple blood as well (we've seen her at a couple KSU games :).

Brett was excited to meet Mrs. Knight, but feeling a little shy I think (and will be working on looking at the teacher's who talk to him).



Brady found out he is in Mrs. Hill's class. She taught 6th grade last year so 2nd grade will be a big change, but I think they'll get along just fine :)



She gave each of the kid's a cute poem attached to confetti at back to school night and Brady is sleeping with the bag under his pillow tonight -

Back to School Magic Confetti
The night before school is exciting and fun
There are always so many things to be done.
Your clothes are ready, your backpack is too.
Your classroom is full of fun things you will do.
There are so many questions that go through your mind,
All types of thoughts of every kind.
But sometimes we all get the jitters down deep
And that makes it hard to fall asleep.
So I've made you some magic confetti, it really is cool.
It will help you be rested and ready for school.
Just place the confetti next to your bed.
On the night before school starts where you lay down your head.
The confetti will help you sleep through the night
And you'll wake up in the morning fresh and bright.
I'll place the confetti near my bed too.
And remember, I just can't wait for school so I can see you!

I picked flowers for teacher's today - Brett's very last day at Montessori is tomorrow and Brady's first day of school. Ed and I are going to school with Brett for 45 minutes Tuesday morning and then he'll stay until after lunch. Very exciting!



No comments: