Friday, September 2, 2011

Game to Remember

Wednesday evening started with Brett sleeping (on the way to Brady's baseball game) - as he has done almost every night we drive somewhere after school. Kindergarten is hard! I took this picture because he was also rockin' Ed's funny KC hat with flaming whiting wig attached.



Brady's game was at 5:15 pm, which is hard to make after work (but gives me a nice reason to take off early). Probably due to the game time, Brady's team only had 8 players (a 9th straggled in later) and it was decided Brett could fill in.




We've been really glad Brett has been able to practice with Brady's team and were pretty excited that he was going to be able to play with them. At the same time, I just hoped he didn't strike out every time he went up to bat because I knew that he would feel bad.

<
SO, (wait for it . . . :) we were so excited when Brett went up to bat, hit it and made a homerun!!



I really wish I would have had my camera ready to take a picture of the excitement (I think Brady may have even lifted Brett up in the bullpen), but I was totally "in the moment." It was so cool!

We never would have thought Brett would get a "gameball" for playing in one of Brady's games. It was a great night.





It will be great if they can play on the same team in the future.

No comments: