Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Some things never change

It's been more than 20 years since I've been to a skating rink, but I'm pretty sure they still all look exactly like the one I went to as a kid. EXACTLY.


Same wall to wall carpeting, same black lights and disco balls, same games and I'm pretty sure the same skates and toilets.

The boys were really excited to go Brady's school skate party, but I don't think Brady realized how hard it was going to be. I'm pretty sure he pictured himself whizzing around the rink, so there were some tears and falls and just hanging out around the games.



We stayed on the hallway carpet a lot, but eventually Brady figured out he could tag along with his friend in the rink if he hung on to the wall.

He was feeling unusally confident when I took this shot -
The cutest thing I saw was when it was "girls only" skating, the boys lined up against the wall and stuck their hands out for the girls to high-five.

Brady wants to go again. He wants to go fast. I think it was a good lesson that things take practice. I told him he might fall sometimes when he's learning to ride his bike without training wheels too and he said "That's okay, because I really want to do it."

1 comment:

Kate Riley said...

Hi Sharla - FYI you are one of the two winners in my giveaway. Come on over and claim your prize !

Kate