Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

The day before Dr. Seuss' birthday (Tuesday) Brady stayed home from school (had been battling a bad cold and was sent home the day before with a fever). Since I was heading to New York the next day, I offered to stay home with him.

They were selling Dr. Seuss' hats at his school Tuesday morning so I ran up and got one with instructions to get a red and white one (when I asked him what his second choice was, he didn't have one - no pressure!). Luckily, they had ONE red and white one left (with a blue stripe).

While I worked at the kitchen table, Brady camped out on the couch reading with his new hat on.


He was supposed to bring his favorite Seuss book to school on Wednesday and he knew exactly which one he wanted to take - "Oh Say Can You Say?" The best part of my day was hearing "Mom, you have to hear this. It is SO funny."



How to Tell a Klotz from a Glotz
Well, the Glotz, you will notice,
has lots of black spots.
The Klotz is quite different
with lots of black dots.
But the big problem is
that the spots on a Glotz
are about the same size
as the dots on a Klotz.
So you first have to spot
who the one with the dots is.
Then it's easy to tell
who the Klotz or the Glotz is.

He read this page several times and would just giggle. I LOVED it - felt like I was having such a "mom" moment seeing him enjoy a book so much. Good stuff.

And fortunately, on Wednesday he felt okay and was able to dress for "Wacky Wednesday" and wear his hat and take his book. Little britches was also very excited about his hat (same one he had last year - he didn't lose his :)

No comments: