Monday, July 27, 2009

Brett's big day

Brett has said "I'm going to school" on a daily basis for the last couple of weeks. And this morning, when he said it and I agreed he went silent (I think he was letting it soak in). And he was quiet all the way to school and just watched Brady belt out Hannah Montana (his morning ritual - Crazier, Climb, Butterfly - his favorite songs). Which made me worry that he was having second thoughts. . . . .

But when we walked over to Ms. Deja and she stuck her hand out, he tried to give her a big high-five and then she showed him how to shake her hand and say hello in the morning. He wasn't shy at all and I saw true happiness as he waved good-bye and ran out to the playground.

I hope he had a great day.

1 comment:

The Darbyshire Family said...

Oh, they are getting so big! I bet he did great.