Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 2 - Waterfalls

We wanted to make sure we had time for the things we KNEW we wanted to do so we headed to Multnomah Falls Friday morning (before we thought the weekend crowd would be there.)

The first waterfall we came to - Wahkeena Falls - was one of my favorites. We saw 3 more: Multnomah Falls (biggest and most famous), Horsetail Falls (right off the road and we got in the COLD water) and Ponytail Falls (it falls over a walking path so you can walk under it) . They were all very pretty and well worth seeing.









It had a nice paved path to walk on and we took it to the top. I carried Brett for A LOT of it so I got worn out (I'll admit it - little britches takes advantage of me and likes to be carried, he's my "monkey." He says "I'm haawwt (hot)" and that means "I'm tired, carry me!" He will outgrow this, right?!)



So pretty -



Brady spotted this on the ledge on the way down - eww!

It was one of those places you would expect crazy looking things to live though. There was moss growing everywhere on the trees, but pretty moss. Ya know? :)

And finally, Multnomah Falls -


No comments: