Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Healing Hands

While Garrett and Brady were playing in the snow Saturday, we all heard a thud hit the window and thought the boys must have thrown a snowball or something. But pretty soon they were knocking at the front door to show us a bird (a robin? I know nothing about birds, but I'm pretty sure everyone was saying robin :) that had flown into the window and was hurt.



So a nest of hay was created inside a box by the front door so the bird could stay warm and "get better." When I peeked out a little later, I asked them where the bird was and they said in the box but right when I opened the door a bird flew away from the front porch - I'm guessing it was the hurt bird.

We were all happy that the bird was "healed" and it was a happy ending!

1 comment:

Braxmeyers said...

Gross--don't touch birds!!