

There were 12 people working at each table and the boys did great. I was in charge of using one of the bag sealer machines and Brady/Brett/Ed were in charge of shaking the bags to make sure they were sealed, labeling them with stickers and boxing them up. (I think they would have really enjoyed scooping the rice and weighing it, but we just lined up at the table like we went in.)


I was really proud of Brady. When we were getting ready to leave he said he would have stayed and done it longer (but it was lunch time and little britches was ready to jet). He drew pictures on the boxes when there was time and signed his name - pretty cool to think that maybe someone in Haiti will be looking at his drawings and wondering who Brady is.


Here's a couple pics of the "Fortified Rice-Soy Casserole" everyone was bagging up. Each bag was designed to feed approximately 6 people.


I saw on the news that the Salvation Army met their goal of 1 million meals!



1 comment:
Good stuff, we need to find more oppotunities like this!
Post a Comment