Friday, August 15, 2008

Hired Hands

Sandy had the day off today, so I stayed home with the boys this morning and Ed has them for the afternoon. Its amazing how much we can get done in a morning when I know I have to go to work in the afternoon (this much never happens on a weekend)!

After making breakfast, doing laundry and walking the dogs . . . . .it was time to work on the two plants I've been slowly trying to dig up - the Russian Sage and dead Azalea bush. I planted the Russian sage a couple years ago and by the end of every summer I've hated it every year. I see people with these pretty little plants and wonder why mine had to get enormous! Actually I usually like this about my garden, but not this time. And the hot pink azalea bush has been so pretty, but for some reason it died this year and only had one living branch (at the very top, which looked super strange).

The boys loved helping out and didn't want to go inside even after probably an hour of working (Ed's going to have to finish the job!) Brady wore his gardening gloves and worked on cutting branches - I let him use the pruners and he thought that was very cool. And I heard Brett say "awesome" for the first time (after Brady said it), which cracked me up.



2 comments:

Ed Stockwell said...

Another one bites the dust. Let me get on that.

Braxmeyers said...

Is Ed "scumfrog"?