Tuesday, August 5, 2008

You've Come a Long Way Baby!

When I go to the pool this summer, I have some sense of what it means to sit back and watch your kids enjoy something - I'll never be ready for them to not "need" me, but it sure is nice to not have to entertain them all the time or carry the youngest everywhere I go.

Brett loves the water and has loved the water since he was born - he's our daredevil and does not have a fear in the world (not always a good thing, but he sure doesn't get hurt as much as his brother!). Brett has gone down the water slides since the beginning of the summer, but his brother didn't like to get his face or hair wet so spent most of his time swimming with his lifejacket in the deep end.

THINGS HAVE CHANGED. Not only does Brady now go down the smallest (red) water slide on the swimming pool playground, he goes down the biggest (blue) one! AND runs through the water sprinkler when he gets off! That's pretty much all they do when they go now and they are worn out and happy when we leave. I am NOT ready for summer to end. . . . . .

the "most fun ever" blue slide!



The water is shallow enough that they get off the slide and walk on their hands over to the steps to do it all over again. Fun times!
And because I'm a freak, I took a picture of just the sun hitting the water. Pretty cool, eh? :)

1 comment:

Braxmeyers said...

The pool pictures are great. Wish we had some of that fun stuff at our pool!