Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March Madness

Tonight we went to the Sprint Center and watched a couple of the teams playing in the 1st round of the NCAA tourney here in KC practice. It was fun to feel like part of the March Madness - now I'm ready to fill out my bracket!

Oklahoma was the first team we watched -
My favorite part was at the end of their practice they started shooting half-court shots (frontwards and backwards) and Blake Griffin dunked it (at the kids' request).
And then we watched Michigan practice, but at this point I was more interested in the people around me, the scoreboards, etc.
There were quite a few people there, but everyone was asked to sit in the same section. It was pretty cool - when each team came out to practice they would change the scoreboards to show the team they would be playing and flash their logo/mascot along the big middle one.



7 comments:

Mrs. Rowley said...

how cool is that! So who do you have winning the tourney?
Write this down as a first...I do not have KU past the FINAL 4! Maybe next year!!!

Braxmeyers said...

Sounds like a fun (free) way to enjoy the atmosphere! Adam just left for 4 full days of BB!

Sharla said...

Connecticut

Mrs. Rowley said...

Let me correct myself..I do not have KU going past the Elite Eight:0

Sharla said...

I have West Virigina beating them :( My bracket is very strange this year. Who do you have winning it?

Mrs. Rowley said...

You would pick WV to win...did you not get that Huggie stuff our of your system?

I no longer hold a grudge against Roy for leaving KU since we won it all last year... therefore, I picked NC to win it all.

Allison said...

Hi Sharla I'm glad you found my blog! THanks for stopping by and saying hello! That color block quilt is about 39 by 39" I think (I haven't measured in a long time) it might be more like 45" square, beats me. But it was fun to make, just sewing scraps together and strips until I had one huge block! Pillows would be so much fun like this! Good luck and cute blog!