Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Plant Killers

And we couldn't be happier.

I know, it's sad to kill a perfectly healthy plant, but the Russian Sage I had planted a couple summers ago just got ginormous and took over the flowerbed (I wish I had a picture of it electronically). After a couple summers of trying to trim it back to look good, I got tired of it and started digging it out last fall. But of course it wasn't that easy. The roots were super deep and the stems were so thick it was even hard to cut back, so it's been an ugly ball of stems for awhile now.

After we went for a walk and Ed played baseball with the boys tonight, I had a burst of motivation and started working on it again - and the boys were eager to help me.


I couldn't believe it when we succeeded. So we were dorks and each took a picture with it - we were SO proud of ourselves. We even did a victory dance. Ha!

I have big (tomato) plans for that spot now!

3 comments:

Braxmeyers said...

Way to make your kids do the yard work!

Sharla said...

Your kids clean and mine dig dirt :)

Mrs. Rowley said...

you post about your plant killing time...but no info about the recent medical mis-diagnosis you received?

OK..your brother put me up to asking you this...!!!