and were thoroughly worn out (asleep) by the time we left.
We were going to celebrate with Ed's dad and more of his relatives on Christmas Eve but the snow postponed it until the Saturday after Christmas. Since we were actually going to be home on Christmas day (so strange, but nice!), my parents came up for dinner (I was so glad to see them). We had already decided to have Chinese but I was totally ignorant and didn't realize grocery stores (Wal-Mart, McDonald's!!) are closed on Christmas and I didn't have anything to make Chinese food with. So, a little bit of stress but I made the snowy drive to a Chinese restaurant that was open, my parents brought egg rolls and crab ragoon and we had a great dinner and played a little Candyland.
The next day everyone that was going to come on Christmas Eve came up. We had a nice dinner and the kids enjoyed playing with their "Stockwell cousins" again.
We celebrated Christmas with my family on New Year's Day. We had already been in Lebo for a day so the kids were bursting and couldn't wait to open the presents. Now that we have almost 4 that can read, they all wanted to play Santa and hand them out. I remember loving to do this when I was little.








No comments:
Post a Comment