Friday, February 19, 2010

Brett's Room

Thought I would post a tour of Brett's room since I recently finished painting it.

He's been in a big boy bed for almost 2 years, but it's been evolving a little bit. He got a"real" comforter and plaid flannel sheets this fall, which led me to thinking I needed to get rid of the yellow walls - recently painting them "golden crust."



I also took down the beloved cow painting that has hung on the wall since before Brady was born (the whole reason I decided to have a farmyard nursery theme) and put up the flag window I painted last summer. I'm confident the cow will find his way back onto a wall some day :) - I do love him.



The other parts of the room are pretty much the same -

I swapped out the plaid ribbon holding the letters and used white fabric with little red stars. I love the stuff on his dresser. Green picture frame holds the first picture of Brady holding him (little white piece of paper leaning against this frame is a birthday card Brady made for Brett last year), the picture in the brown frame is me holding him in the pool at Table Rock when we went with my brother's family 2 summers ago (when Brett had white curly hair) and the white frame is the picture I used for his birth announcements. His birthday crown from last year is sitting on top of his 1st birthday hat.



This is something I started with Brady and am trying to do for Brett - a photo wall, showing a picture from each year.



And last, but not least, a glimpse into his closet, just because it is clean :) I got rid of A BUNCH of ancient clothes - which allowed space to put a bookcase and organize some toys.

No comments: