And they had 3 rounds of two 4-wheeler teams racing - they interviewed the "winning captain" after each round and it was quite entertaining.
See the big yellow cushion on the dirt behind Brett? A guy went up really high on a forklift, lit himself on fire and plunged into that. Again entertaining, but when Brady started asking questions about the fire and how he did that, I don't think it was something I really wanted my children to see (ideas they might want to imitate.)

The scores for the jumps appeared to be already decided based on the truck and not the actual performance, but it was still fun. And much to Brady's delight, Gravedigger won!


It was a fun night!
Except when we were leaving, a young girl (probably 8 or 9) fell down on the sidewalk and her mom fell down on top of her and literally picked her up by her coat. I thought she was going to ask if she alright, but then started cussing at her and yanking her around. It was chaotic, it was loud - I told the lady to calm down and that the girl had obviously fallen by accident - but couldn't tell if the woman heard. She just kept looking and yelling at the girl. I didn't feel safe. I didn't feel like I could keep talking to the lady while I was with my two young sons and there didn't appear to be any cops or security close by so we continued to walk down the street (the opposite way of the lady/child). I felt helpless. What can you do when a parent looks like they are abusing their child but haven't done anything against the law and there's no one around to tell??







No comments:
Post a Comment