Sunday, April 19, 2009

This and That

I made this Sweet and Sour chicken tonight and it was SO good. Seriously the best homemade Chinese recipe I've made - serve with some rice, stir-fry veggies and frozen egg rolls and it's one of my favorite meals. And luckily, my family really likes it too. :)

It was another rainy weekend - we got outside at times, but not the really nice weather we're longing for. We went to the library Saturday morning and picked up a lot of books. During teacher conferences last week, the teachers had said this was a great time to start reading Brady "chapter" books. So it was funny that Brady picked out just one book by himself during our trip - "The Peanut Butter Gang" - which happened to have 4 chapters. We read the whole thing Saturday and he liked it, but now he's decided we can read everything but the last chapter because that part is scary.

I feel like he's on the verge of a new level of shows/books and it's exciting. We let him watch the first Harry Potter movie this weekend and I'm not sure his eyes left the screen (talk about scary!).

No comments: