Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Survey

I think it's interesting to see what everyone's traditions and Christmas celebrations are like, so I'm taking Dedra's Christmas survey. . . .

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely paper, but there's usually no color coordination going on. I use whatever I have. And no, my presents are never the prettiest. Dedra always makes fun of me for not even putting things in a box.
2. Real Tree or Artificial? We've done both and my parents actually do both every year. We switched to an artificial tree when Brady was little, but have been thinking about switching to a real tree. Maybe next year we'll make it a family outing and go get a real one.
3. When do you put up the tree? Soon after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after the New Year. Last year Brady and dad slept under the tree lights (in a tent) on New Year's Eve and we'll probably do that again.
5. Do you like eggnog? No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember being really happy to get a rainbow comforter for my bed and of course, the Nintendo I had longed for.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Dads
8. Do you have a nativity scene?--Yes
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail. I love sending and receiving Christmas cards!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of anything...
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Santa Claus the Movie (the one where the candy canes make you float in the air :)
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November/December
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?--I don't think so...
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?--Not actually on Christmas day, but I love to have Chili with summer sausage and cheese - growing up this was what we ate on every Christmas Eve before church.
15. Lights on the tree?--Of course!
16. Favorite Christmas song?--I like all the traditional ones - Drummer Boy, Away in a Manger, Silent Night.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?--Mostly travel, but we will be celebrating Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our house.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?--Probably not
19. Angel on the tree top or a star?--I like both. Our star wouldn't stay up, so I switched to an angel.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?--One on Christmas Eve night, all others on Christmas Day.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?--Scraping windshields after work, staying inside so much
22. Favorite ornament theme or color?--Red
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner?--Brocoli cheese and rice.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year?--Clothes/shoes and gift cards for all of my hobbies (so I don't feel guilty)!

No comments: