Monday, September 15, 2008

Around the house

After attending the wedding Saturday, Ed went golfing with his dad Sunday and the boys and I walked the dogs and did stuff around the house.

I've been trying to move some toys to the "give away/garage sale" pile in the basement and get the boys' rooms organized - especially since Brett has a big bed now and his room is the smallest. I moved the big chair we bought for the "nursery" out of Brett's room (and at his request, it's now in Brady's - when I asked him where it was going to go, he pointed to the middle of the room. Ha!) and that made room for the kitchen to be in a "playable" space. I told him to go stand by his kitchen and this is what I got - the "proud" look I got makes me laugh :)



And I didn't ask for this -



We also had time to make "hot rocks" - we've been collecting flat rocks for a couple weeks with the intention of making these. You put rocks on a piece of foil in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes and when you take them out, you can color on them and obviously the color melts on it. I was worried about Brett burning himself, but they both had no trouble.



this was the one given to me - now a paperweight for work

1 comment:

Braxmeyers said...

Fun idea! May have to try that one.