Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Born in Texas

Ed told me on the way to the dog park last night that Brady told his teacher he was born in Texas. Brady was overhearing this from the back seat and when I turned around to talk to him, he had the biggest grin on his face. When I asked him if he thought that or why he told his teacher that, he couldn't stop laughing.
And then on the way home, all of a sudden he said, "Brett, I'm going to a wedding and you have to stay home with grandma and grandpa." No idea why he thinks that - maybe it's just wishful thinking (more likely just trying to make his brother mad). He's super excited about going to Quint & Susan's wedding this weekend and keeps saying he's "going to a wedding tomorrow" (it amazes me to hear him talk and realize he has no idea what "tomorrow" or "yesterday" mean).

Oh, and my "girlfriend" status changes depending on how Brady is feeling. Brady lets me know when he's upset with me by saying, "Mom, you're only going to be my girlfriend this long." and he points his fingers together. But when he decides he really likes me - he tells me I can be his girlfriend for "60" (or whatever he thinks sounds like a lot that day) days!

No comments: