Thursday, September 4, 2008

Homemade Sauce

We came home after Labor Day to these in our garden -



so I made spaghetti sauce while it was raining last night -





and finally by the end of the night, it looked like this -



I tested it out and think it tasted really good - now I can't wait to have spaghetti/lasagna!

2 comments:

Braxmeyers said...

Is this a form of canning? If so, where did you learn this??? I think you could live off the land!!

Sharla said...

Too funny! I got the recipe off the internet (if you're interested :) and canned it the same way I've done salsa in the past. Nothing fancy - I just fill the cans up so there's 1/2 inch left at the top and put them in a big pot of boiling water 3/4 up on the cans and do that for 40 minutes - take them out and put a dishtowel over them and the tops "pop" and seal. I'll let you guys try my secret salsa when we come up for the fball game. . .