Monday, September 8, 2008

Busy Weekend

In between all the rain, we visited the KS State Fair Saturday. The weather wasn't all that bad - and I just didn't want to feel like I'd missed out. I don't know that I've ever missed it! We saw a sheep get sheared, ate A LOT at Bogey's (annual treat - Tiger Blood slush!), ran into Megan & Kate, rode some rides and walked around with Sheri & the kids and watched them ride their horses before heading home (Whitney & Garrett showed Sunday in the Quarter Horse show).





While Ed was mowing Sunday, the kids and I worked in the garden. I couldn't wait to take down our hanging cherry tomato plant and have an open entry to our front door again! When we first hung it up, we realized a bird was living in the top. And this was what I found when I took it down - the boys were pretty excited (although they thought they were going to keep them and have some baby birds).



Now we're ready for the rain to stop so we can go bike riding with the boys - we're currently looking around for the "best" way to bring them with us . . . . .

No comments: