Saturday, February 7, 2009

Family

We had such a wonderful few days to get together and remember my grandma. And it was nice to have the kids so involved with her funeral - Brogan & Brett helped Breckyn & Brynna light the candles (Brady decided to watch from the back of the church) before the funeral and Garrett & Whitney sang grandma's favorite song during the service (and did a really great job).

Saturday morning we took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed out to my grandparent's farmland - a favorite spot to let the kids and dogs explore.





With the weather being SO nice, the kids spent most of the time outdoors playing in the barn - climbing on the hay and terrorizing (trying to catch) wild cats. The kids also walked Levi around the arena - there were plans for more action, but dad noticed he was a little lame (which could be temporary or arthritis) so we took it easy.


I practiced my "closeups" and really like this one of Barney


Levi will turn 23 this spring, which is really hard for me to believe because I started showing him when he was 3. He's always been a little "spit fire" but although I still see the same look in his eyes, he is no longer the wild child I once knew :) I am forever grateful for my parent's for keeping him after my show days were over. Seeing all of the grandkids get enjoyment out of riding him and seeing him "be that horse" has made me very proud of him.


No comments: