Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Grandma Rowley

My Grandma Rowley passed away last night. I am so thankful that we were able to go down and see her Saturday - we did not visit long, but long enough for us to talk about the boys digging in her candy jar (she loved candy as much as I do!) and for me to tell her I love her.

I love this picture of her. I would never have guessed it was her, so each time I look at it I try to see the grandmother I knew.



This was taken in Wichita when my grandparent's were working at Boeing. When I hung a copy of this picture in our kitchen, my grandmother's eyesight was pretty much gone, but I told her about it and she instantly said she knew which one I was referring to.



My grandmother with my dad



I look at this picture and remember all of the stuff my grandpa would say and my grandmother's reaction would always be a laugh with a look that said she either couldn't believe he had said it or that she didn't agree. They gave each other a hard time, but I think they both enjoyed it.



A visit from all of the great grandkids -



I have lots of special memories and will miss her greatly.

3 comments:

Ed Stockwell said...

It doesn't seem like that long ago we would go visit at their house and catch them watching a Royals game. Good memories!

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

I am sorry to hear of her passing, but it looks like she had a full life and will be well remembered.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I have not got around to posting the ruffle tutorial, but I may do it in the future.

Best to you.

Braxmeyers said...

That is sad for you....I'm sorry to hear that. What neat pics though!