My oldest learned a lot today - conversation after I picked him up from school . . .
"Mom, you won't believe this. George Washington had wooden teeth. That's why he never smiled and always looked like this (forced to turn around and look), he was so serious because it hurt to smile."
"George Washington was a soldier before he was President. One time his soldiers were so cold and hungry and he told them, "Don't give up. We are going to build a new country."
Okay, that about brought out my "mom tears" - Brady has a GREAT memory (like never talk about something for a year and he still remembers everything. i. e. "Mom, medicine can make you sick sometimes, right? Remember when Owen had to go to the doctor and couldn't come to my party because he had a reaction to his medicine?" Seriously, I don't even remember telling him that!) and can recite a lot of things that are told to him, but for him to say that with so much seriousness (when he can be such a little stinker) made me pretty proud.
And what did I do when the boys were at daycare/school today? I took a long nap. Aw, doesn't that sound good right now? But I didn't do it. Too much other stuff to get done! Like work on the bathroom I've been painting for weeks now. My patience is gone and now I just want it DONE.
Here's a before and after of the tall cabinets - better, right? I'll post the entire room later this week. The hardware is much harder (on the hands) to put on than it was to take off. Luckily, Ed is helping me or it would never have gotten done!
And I'm loving everything that's polka dots right now! Here's the red polka dot ironing board cover I got for V-day - romantic, huh? Ha! Seriously, it's just what I wanted (he got me some other great stuff too. and my parents got me a polka dot shirt for their "new shirt" v-day tradition - love this. I will definitely continue this tradition with my kids.).
And you might remember, we just put up some brown curtains in our dining room/living room. I really like them, but thought they were a little plain. So I added a strip of polka dot fabric across the top and love it! Now I just need to get the other side done.



1 comment:
Cabinets look great! Totally changed the look of the bathroom. Good call on the curtains. I love dots! No picture of the shirt??
Post a Comment