*Before I go into specifics about the appt., let me just say getting there was quite the experience/challenge. I will never look at a hospital address and assume I can get where I am going from that! While Ed parked the car, here's a map of the path the kids and I traveled (please envision, the appt. is in 5 minutes and I'm carrying a heavy 2-year-old and encouraging a 4-year-old to keep up with me as I maneuver up elevators, down stairs, through construction. . .).

I was so glad to finally get to there! But right when we got inside my phone started ringing and I knew it was Ed calling to see where we were (and probably needing me to tell him how to get there!). So when I heard Brady say, "There's daddy!" I was SO thankful.
We met with the nurse and surgeon and he was so nice and good about explaining what the surgery entailed and how the anesthesia would work. He confirmed they both had hernias in the same spot (Brett seems to be a little bigger) and were able to schedule their surgeries right after each other.
I believe God was looking after us - we hope it works out best for them to go through this together and understand from the surgeon that it is better for it to be fixed at this age than when they are teenagers. Brady was excited to find out he had a hernia too and got to go to the doctor, so I know he doesn't understand what that means at all. I hope he doesn't freak out when surgery day comes - Monday, November 17th, 6:30 a.m.



No comments:
Post a Comment