Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And the angels sang . . .

My husband will probably say I'm being a little dramatic, but I've been set on getting rid of our vertical "slats" and after we looked at wood blinds and realized they would have to be mounted outside of our windows we gave up that idea. I figured curtains was then my best option.

So I was really excited when our curtains came in the mail today . . . . but they aren't long or wide enough so they will be going back as soon as the ones I ordered tonight come in. But that couldn't lessen the happiness I felt when Ed took the vertical blinds down. I didn't care, I was SO happy to see those windows!

Before -



Yeah!


Wrong size, but an idea - just plain brown, but I like the color with the brown in the fireplace brick. I got the same ones for the dining room and plan on pulling those back to the sides or having some kind of tie for them. We'll see!

2 comments:

Braxmeyers said...

Can you order longer ones or did you have to get something entirely different? Don't you love it when you can get rid of something you hate? I hated our vertical blinds in the kitchen and took them down. I haven't put up anything else (because it's on a door) but don't mind it.

Sharla said...

I was able to order longer curtains luckily. Yeah, I really hate the ones in our kitchen because they are blue, but am still thinking about that one.