Monday, January 19, 2009

Family Pictures

With the "boyz" turning 8 (last Saturday) and the fact that we haven't had family pictures taken since Brett was born, I thought we were due to have pictures taken. We (Becky and I) tried to organize something last summer with my entire family at my parents' house, but couldn't get ahold of the photographer so put it on hold. ANYWAY, since I was off today and thought I would be able to get the "boyz" spruced up I made an appt. at Picture People tonight. Yep, the dogs are headed to Oak Park :)

Should be interesting . . . I hope fun. . . at least I hope a good picture or two comes out of it. We'll see!

Oh, and another thing I'm excited about - the boys and I dropped Brady's quilt top off this morning at a local woman's house to be quilted. We won't get it back until mid-February, but still very exciting!

Update: The "boyz" got lots of attention tonight but after taking 20 some pictures we wondered if we had even taken one worth keeping. Brady didn't want to smile and when he did it was frightening. The boyz were TOO laid back and Tanner just wanted to lay down and sleep (they really are getting to be middle-aged men). But we were pleasantly surprised to see that the one we did want to keep was with the whole "fam" (we had the boys and dogs taken most without us).

Sorry about the terrible lighting (and the fact that yes, it's a picture of a picture), but I thought you might be interested to see what we ended up with. Other than Brady being stubborn, we're all looking at the camera so it was a success! I love that Tanner is showing his true colors and showing us his "diva/moody" look.

1 comment:

Braxmeyers said...

I'm excited to see it--good job! You'll have to let me know how the dogs did with their photo shoot. I was thinking about doing a family (dogs included) Christmas picture, but it was so hectic. Maybe this summer.