Thursday, January 1, 2009

Water Park

When we were unable to go to Branson in November due to the boys' hernia surgeries, we thought it would be fun to stay at a hotel and go swimming in KC over the holiday break. After we started looking into making reservations and seeing hotel rates about triple this week, we decided to try out the Ramada in St. Joe since it has a water park.





We swam 3 times and each time the boys got a little more comfortable in the water. By the time we left, Brett was swimming with his lifejacket on by himself! Brett went down the kid slides a couple times, but mostly they just enjoyed being pulled on the inner tube/swimming and going around the "loop" which was lazy river-style, but not very much current at all.



And there was a big slide that was all outside of the building. We were a little tentative to try it (or at least I was because I get so claustrophic in the tube slides!), but were glad we did. It was dark and then had lights halfway-through and then got dark again.

I was little early taking Ed's picture coming out of the slide - this is all I got!



We ate at Whiskey Creek, the restaurant attached to the hotel, Monday night. It was good and the boys loved that you could throw peanut shells on the floor!

No comments: