Sunday, January 4, 2009

I started . . .

doing a little sanding while the boys took baths tonight. One of (many) things on my mental "to do" list is sand/prime/paint the cabinets and woodwork in our upstairs bathroom. Why the upstairs bathroom? It might be my favorite room in the whole house (big, easy and fun to decorate) and the woodwork is the worst in there.

If all goes well, I'll do the cabinets throughout the house. Not something I think I will really enjoy doing, but I hope it improves the looks of the house. We have a lot of wood in our house, so I can't even really imagine the "after" but am excited to see it. Our woodwork has seen better days . . . . it was bad when we bought it and we had some people come in and do some cleaning/staining to the kitchen and bathrooms cabinets a couple years ago but they eventually went back to what they looked like before.
Here's what I sanded while the boys took baths - I've since taken one of the doors and hardware off so I can really get it done.
Brett did a little underwater sight-seeing while I sanded :) He was so proud he put these on by himself - he is INDEPENDENT. He will try to zip his coat up for 15 minutes before he lets me help him!

1 comment:

Braxmeyers said...

I don't envy the cabinet refinishing project--I hate doing long projects like that (like painting our baseboards) , but it is worth it