Monday, January 26, 2009

Work In Progress

Story of my life. . . but I'm working on 3 projects right now that I really like.

One more coat of paint and the cabinets in our upstairs bathroom should be complete. I think we're going to really like it so it's probably the start of a lot of cabinet painting for me! (but I HATE to clean the brushes after the oil paint)
And I've started a Christmas quilt and really love the fabrics - it's pretty much a copy of this. I was excited to get stacks of "charm" squares so all I would have to do is sew the squares together - I love that I don't have to cut anything!


And I've had this project on my scrapbook "To do" list for awhile now and finally found some blank books that would hold a photo from each Halloween (until they're 18 :). I wanted to have a picture of the boys from every year all together (not spread throughout books) and thought about Christmas pictures, but think seeing them dressed up in all of their costumes through the years will be fun. Each page is very simple with a photo - just need to add a little text to the pages (and get some more Halloween ribbon for the page loops) and I'll be ready for next year!

2 comments:

Braxmeyers said...

I am excited to see the finished bathroom!

Cathy said...

Hi Sharla

thanks for visiting my blog. You asked me where I got the car fabric from. All I know is that it is Japanese. I can't help you any more. Very sorry. I bought it here in Australia at Amitie (link on my blog), they could still have some left.