Saturday, January 24, 2009

Party, party!

Brady's 5th bday party was today and we celebrated with 15 of his friends and their parents at our community center. Ed's dad/Jacki and Aunt Debi & Uncle Tim came too and we were glad they did - we didn't intend for them to help so much with the kids and setting up/taking down, but they did and I don't think we would have survived without them. I think the kids had a good time and I'm glad to sit here and not think about preparation things and just relax :)

I had been working a little bit each night this week on making homemade playdough ("snow dough"), snowman treat sacks and last night I made two snowman cakes. And guess what?! I don't have a picture of any of them. Oh well!

I was just able to snap a few in-between holding Brett. . . . . .
Pizza!

Hot potato "snowball" style - the kids might have been a little young for this . . . .
The pinata was "a hit"
After the party, the kids laid down for naps and then Grandma & Grandpa Jones, Grammie & Papa Gilpin and Uncle Steve and his kids came over for dinner. Brady had requested another Baskin Robbins ice-cream cake (same one as last year) so that was really yummy.
I found these moustaches at the party store and thought they would be fun for pics - unfortunately Brady wasn't up for it.

Brady sang while Grandma provided backup music for end of night entertainment.
Brady is counting down the days until next Thursday - when he is officially 5 years old!!

2 comments:

Braxmeyers said...

Looks fun--did you make the "5" T-shirt?

Sharla said...

Yeah, if you look down to my "fun shirts" post I posted this one and two heart shirts I made for my brother's girls.