Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Free Morning

Since Brady had a fever and had to go home from school yesterday, he had to stay home today (school's 24 hour rule). So this morning we dropped Brett of at Sandy's and headed to Wal-Mart to get stuff for his bday party this weekend. We were productive! There are still a few things we need to order from places, but I got everything I needed to make stuff - the food and goody bags.

On the way home, we stopped by the Goodwill store by our house. I've dropped a lot of clothes off at the one by my office, but had never gone inside. We found lots of treasures! I have big plans for the box ($1.98)- a little paint and some stencils, and the white platter is huge/heavy and just has a little mark on one side ($0.99) and we got some children's books (less than $0.50, don't remember exactly) that the boys will enjoy.

We even found a brand new Green Eggs and Ham book with tape ($5) that Brady can listen to and turn the pages himself - he's loving that.
And while I'm on the theme of good things cheap - as we were wandering around Wal-Mart we found these little ceramic creatures to paint for .44! Brady could hardly wait to get home and paint.





I felt good about our morning and thought we really found some bargains!

2 comments:

Braxmeyers said...

The box could definitely have lots of potential as a toy chest or really anything! What are your plans for the platter?

Sharla said...

Nothing in mind for the platter except serving something BIG :) It's oversized, but for .99 I won't mind hauling it anywhere!