Saturday, January 10, 2009

I needed this

It's been a really good weekend. Last night after work we took the boys to the park so they could play while we got the dogs out for some exercise. Then Ed took Brady to the Sports Show downtown with one of his coworkers while Brett and I stayed home and got things done around the house and played on the computer. Brett is really getting the hang of the Jumpstart preschool games we have and rattles off the color of everything he sees (I can tell Sandy has been working with him!).

Ed started looking at the online weekend calendars Saturday morning and saw that Stinky Feet was performing at a theatre attached to Metcalf mall so we were excited to go see him. There was a really good clown that performed before him too. The boys really enjoy his music, but Brady was disappointed he wasn't chosen for Stinky Feet's "band" this time (he has in the past, but he didn't raise his hand right away this time. A good lesson for him to learn probably).
Saturday afternoon after the boys got down for naps, I picked up Sandy and we went to a make-n-take at a local scrapbook store. The page was really cute so I made one for both Brett and Brady. They are going to have a new page every month and since Ed got me a gift certificate for the store at Christmas, I signed up for the whole year and am SO excited to think that I will have at least one page done for each boy through 2009!



Getting back into scrapbooking has kind of been one of my New Year's Resolutions because other than "mini books" I pretty much didn't scrapbook in 2008 (if I had time, I sewed) and am trying to catch up and rethink my whole system because I really want to capture the boys' special memories. Anyhow, today I made 2 pages and was able to commit to getting 2 pages done every month - with Sandy, a very special person who has taken care of our boys from babies, and who I don't really get to catch up with often. Very excited!

1 comment:

Braxmeyers said...

Those are neat. And when you get your kids caught up I'll give you five years of pictures from mine.